Friday, July 8, 2011

Skip. Reverse.

I just read the last few words on a friend’s blog ‘Being Replaceable’. Coincidently, I have been thinking about ‘being replaceable’ since last night. Funny I read it now.

I don’t know what it is about the word replaceable that makes me uncomfortable. In the retail sense of the term it’s supposed to be a good thing. However, in my mind, I feel it takes away the value of everything/everyone.
I don’t want anything to be replaceable. I like a sense of constance. Every important thing or person in our lives is theoretically irreplaceable. In reality, it may work out differently.  So let’s make a pact – to not replace things or people for the fun of it. That’s just mean. Why replace them first then cry about the memories. Fuck the memories. Enjoy the present continuous.

May you never be replaceable!

2 comments: