Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Shit !




Just last week I travelled to Jabalpur by train, and was more than amused to find this beautiful piece of art in the Urinal. I say ‘art’, because if we were to use logic, this board served no more purpose than that.

It was an AC Coach, yes, it was 2 Tier even. But it still does not mean that the guys cleaning the loos will be able to decipher a word of what the Railway authorities intended for them to read. Yah right!
I will repeat my point here if the picture above wasn’t enough  – Cleaning Instructions were put up on a board inside the loo written in English and only English.

When I started reading the board, I thought it is meant for the users. Except it wasn’t. Not a word of it was for me! All of it was for the kind souls who clean the loos for us, except they don’t understand the cryptic rules they are supposed to abide by, while at it.

It’s unbelievable how senseless some people on positions are. They do things for the sake of doing it. It’s like – ‘We are so cool if we use English, we will use it everywhere to display our progressive approach!’
I tried to inform the TC about this, however, he asked me to go to bed. Let’s hope someone soon realises the redundancy of it all.

P.S. – Sorry for the poor image quality. That was the best my phone camera could manage in the fancy surrounding.

P.P.S – Carry your own pillow the next time train travel approaches. What they give nowadays is this little piece of cotton stuffed in a tiny white bag. Guaranteed back-ache. 


No comments:

Post a Comment