Sunday, November 21, 2010

Let's talk

We talk, me and my mirror
Of beauty, of fake, a reflection of both.

We talk, me and my food
Of hunger, of greed, and of further delights.

We talk, me and my man
Of a home, a marriage, a company, the works.

We talk, me and my bed
Of sleep, of decay, of sing-song mornings.

We talk, me and my phone
Of rings, of pings, and lifetime alerts!

We talk, me and my Adu
Of games, of dances, and school time tales.

We talk, me and my mind
Of logic, of emotions, and the dreadful balance.

We talk, me and my ego
Of the first time. Of the last time.

We talk, me and my day
Of the faces, the smiles, the familiar warmth.

We talk, me and my drink
Of the kiss, the taste, and the impending buoyancy.

We talk, me and my friends
Of our echoing laughter and our silent secrets

We talk, me and myself
To start afresh. To meet me again. 






3 comments:

  1. Ah, a life recapped in a few words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.... u have written beautifully.... u think u know someone then u dont :O ... im shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have regretted if I would have not read it ... Did I just find a treasure ... U should publish

    ReplyDelete